The Brett Foundation is going through some exciting changes right now and as a local charity we are growing each day.
Do you have a few hours a week/month to volunteer your support and become an official Brett Foundation Community Volunteer?
What does this entail?
- Become an official member of our growing team and act as our first point of contact within your community area.
- Be part pf the team and get involved in our team meetings.
- Become an ambassador of The Brett Foundation with your own personalised email and signature.
- Promote and share our Facebook newstories to leverage our brand and awareness (not a lot of people still know much about what our charity does).
Benefits of becoming a Volunteer
- You will be making a meaningful difference to those that need it most, by supporting us, you will be creating memories of support to those that are homeless or are living in poverty.
- Meet like-minded volunteers and become part a growing Brett Foundation team
- You might be interested in getting back into work and looking for some work experience or wanting to gain experience working with a Charity.
What the Role might entail
As a volunteer, we appreciate your time is precious and you can only commit certain hours a week, this is fine as we want to ensure we are supporting you, in order for you to support us. Currently our Volunteers are supporting in a number of ways, these are outlined below:
- Cook or serve at our Homeless meals on Thursday evenings
- Help at our Community meals on two Tuesday evenings a month
- Help with our Sandwich run on Monday and Friday evenings
- Help at our Community cafe
- Help at our Homeless shelters
- Help at our food bank on Saturday mornings
- Donate food at drop off points in Maidenhead
- Collect donated food from local churches
- Collect donated food from supermarkets on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Help with advent calendars
- Help with Christmas hampers and presents
- Help with Christmas Day meal and shelter
- Help with Easter egg distribution
- Help with raising money and writing funding bids
Spread the word about The Brett Foundation
- Promote us at work, church, club as your chosen charity; use YouTube, poster and leaflet
- Tell your friends how donations make a difference to the families we support
- Ask your friends to donate their greenredeem points; simply sign in, click Donations, choose The Brett Foundation
- Buy items from Amazon and John Lewis, using easy fundraising and we get a percentage of what’s spent
- Contact us to transfer money (by bacs or direct debit) to The Brett Foundation account
- Bequeath The Brett Foundation a gift in your will as it’s exempt from inheritance tax
- We apply to the Neighbourhood Budget for funding; you can vote to ensure we get allocated money